Allianz Engineering inspects around 50 per cent of coffee boilers in London and said it was concerned to find that an estimated 500 or more independent coffee shops could be trading with faulty and potentially dangerous machines.
As all coffee boilers generate steam, they currently fall within the scope of the Pressure System Safety Regulation (PSSR), enforced by Local Authorities and the Health and Safety Executive.
Allianz said that many independent shop owners were either unaware of the r
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti