Allianz Engineering inspects around 50 per cent of coffee boilers in London and said it was concerned to find that an estimated 500 or more independent coffee shops could be trading with faulty and potentially dangerous machines.
As all coffee boilers generate steam, they currently fall within the scope of the Pressure System Safety Regulation (PSSR), enforced by Local Authorities and the Health and Safety Executive.
Allianz said that many independent shop owners were either unaware of the
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018