The survey, commissioned by Axa, found that home contents have been under valued by over £255bn across the board, which will render many unable to replace their belongings and puts them at risk of invalidating their insurance policies.
The average home's contents have been insured for roughly £29,000 whereas the average value consumers placed on their home contents stood at £38,000, leaving a £9,000 discrepancy.
With the current economic climate adding financial strain, many said they under-repo
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product