Gross written premium for 2007 was 4% up on 2006 to £250.6m. The private car account grew by over 20%, but commercial vehicle and fleet premiums reduced by 17% and 12% respectively in the face of poor market conditions.
Net assets rose by 11% to £103m (2006: £93m) after accounting for a more prudent IAS 19 pension position The company also reported a 13% increase in policy growth in its Hero broking arm to 234 000 policies.
Richard Gamble, Highway chairman, said: “This is a strong result at
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017