Although Legal & General has calculated that the average value of the contents of a house is estimated to be over £40,000, the survey highlighted that the majority of the British public, 59% estimate that the cost to replace the contents of their whole home would be below £40,000.
The survey also found that over a quarter, 27% valued their contents at less than £20,000, so possibly 100% less than their cover should be. This would suggest that Brits could be seriously undervaluing the
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products