The increase of the Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) from 6% to 9.5% from 1 November came as a shock to the industry when it was announced by Chancellor George Osborne in his Budget this July.
The dust has settled since the surprise statement, but some experts in the industry are still concerned about the e ects the rise could have on the market.
Malcolm Tarling, chief media relations officer at the Association for British Insurers (ABI), highlighted that this was a particularly bad time for a tax ri
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- Ingenie founder Richard King unveils new telematics insurer backed by Gary Lineker
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices