The increase of the Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) from 6% to 9.5% from 1 November came as a shock to the industry when it was announced by Chancellor George Osborne in his Budget this July.
The dust has settled since the surprise statement, but some experts in the industry are still concerned about the e ects the rise could have on the market.
Malcolm Tarling, chief media relations officer at the Association for British Insurers (ABI), highlighted that this was a particularly bad time for a tax ri
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017