Brokers have predicted more insurance mergers but remain unconcerned by the changes following two major takeovers in the market this year.
On 10 June Tokio Marine Holdings (TMHD) bought HCC Insurance Holdings in a deal worth $7.5bn (£4.85bn). In January XL Group agreed to pay £2.79bn for Catlin and the two companies have now started merging into XL Catlin.
Howard Lickens, chief executive officer at Clear Insurance Management, pointed out that there was so much choice in the market that a little
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers
- Saga picks Patrick O’Sullivan as chairman
- Lloyd’s and Kanye West settle £7.4m suit - reports
- PIB launches risk management business