Insurers have released their financial results for 2014 and the figures paint the picture of a soft market with challenges ahead.
While several of the bigger insurers have seen reductions in gross written premium over the 12 months others have achieved increases, but all in all it has been a relatively flat year with little movement across the board.
The results came as no surprise to equity analysts. Several of the experts Insurance Age spoke to pointed out that the UK insurance industry had
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?