Structural changes in the personal lines teams at two insurers in April and reports of another near 6% quarterly fall in average comprehensive motor insurance premiums have once again thrown the sector into the spotlight.
The findings in the latest AA British Insurance Premium Index (see box) take the total falls in car insurance costs across the past 12 months to over 16%.
According to brokers, declines of up to 30% in motor premiums over the past two years have returned the market to pre-2010
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product