Structural changes in the personal lines teams at two insurers in April and reports of another near 6% quarterly fall in average comprehensive motor insurance premiums have once again thrown the sector into the spotlight.
The findings in the latest AA British Insurance Premium Index (see box) take the total falls in car insurance costs across the past 12 months to over 16%.
According to brokers, declines of up to 30% in motor premiums over the past two years have returned the market to pre-2010
- Bollington set to buy after Wilson merger and organic growth
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Gallagher buys Portmore Insurance Brokers
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin
- InsurTech Futures: Four major insurers join ex-Aviva director Fraser Edmond's platform
- HNW Forum: The challenge for brokers insuring Family Offices
- HNW Forum: Experts debate impact of MGAs on the market