News from two major brokers brought the spotlight onto the personal lines broker market
Swinton announced, alongside a 48% profit slump, that it is to cut 120 roles and further reduce branch numbers to 400.
The broker’s chief Christophe Bardet defended the decision (see box) as being in line with growth plans and a generally positive approach to the market.
Brightside Group also hit the headlines as Markerstudy slashed its takeover bid from £123m to £100m. The Bristol-based broker re
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers
- Saga picks Patrick O’Sullivan as chairman
- Lloyd’s and Kanye West settle £7.4m suit - reports
- PIB launches risk management business