In less than two months’ time, the Consumer Insurance (Disclosure and Representations) Act 2012 is set to come into force.
On 6 April 2013 the century-old balance of power between insurers and their clients will profoundly shift – and brokers will be caught right in the middle of this newfound relationship.
In personal lines with the replacement of the Marine Insurance Act 1906, customers will no longer be duty bound to volunteer all the necessary information. Instead, the onus is on brokers to
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April