The traditional flurry of insurer half-year results has painted a mixed picture on profitability and combined operating ratios (COR).
For those with deteriorating figures the most widely cited factor was the bad weather, although most had at least one other, slightly more interesting, reason to back it up – Zurich for instance claimed a “one-off pension blip” was a main culprit behind its 26% drop in operating profit.
But while insurers clamoured to justify their situations, and to be fair there
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017