The traditional flurry of insurer half-year results has painted a mixed picture on profitability and combined operating ratios (COR).
For those with deteriorating figures the most widely cited factor was the bad weather, although most had at least one other, slightly more interesting, reason to back it up – Zurich for instance claimed a “one-off pension blip” was a main culprit behind its 26% drop in operating profit.
But while insurers clamoured to justify their situations, and to be fair there
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly