The half year results season has revealed many improved combined operating ratios among insurers (see right) with rate rises in the motor market taking the credit. The commercial market hardening, conversely, does not appear to be any nearer.
Evidence of market hardening in motor was clear in the results of the UK’s largest motor insurer RBS. While it did not manage to break through the 100% combined operating ratio (COR) barrier the insurer did report a £206m operating profit for the first half
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017