The issue was top of the agenda at this month’s Power hour (Legally speaking, p33), where attendees suggested that Lord Justice Jackson’s (pictured above) Review of Civil Litigation and The Bribery Act 2010 could both force a change in the way in which referral fees are sourced.
For instance, group underwriting manager at DAS Phil Bellamy questioned whether the government was stalling on its decision regarding referral fees in the hope that the market would correct itself.
If Jackson’s proposals
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal