The car insurance market has been an unprofitable area for insurers for years, with fierce competition among its players.
But there is a small shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, as motor premium rates slowly started turning upwards in the second half of 2014. In the fourth quarter of last year the AA British Insurance Premium Index reported an increase of 0.2% in motor rates (see box).
It is the first time since 2011 that prices have risen in two consecutive quarters and industry exper
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal