The car insurance market has been an unprofitable area for insurers for years, with fierce competition among its players.
But there is a small shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, as motor premium rates slowly started turning upwards in the second half of 2014. In the fourth quarter of last year the AA British Insurance Premium Index reported an increase of 0.2% in motor rates (see box).
It is the first time since 2011 that prices have risen in two consecutive quarters and industry exper
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product