The motor market has barely been out of the headlines in recent years for reasons ranging from diabolical combined operating ratios to the gender ruling on underwriting.
For customers, the most unpalatable news has been around rates and in the 12 months to March 2011 premiums were up by 40%, according to the AA’s British Insurance Premium Index. Since then, a little of the heat has come out of rate rises and in the 12 months to September 2011 premiums were up by 16%. The general consensus is of
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?