The redundancies of valuable staff are often the knee-jerk reaction in a recession. Edward Murray examines how brokers can cut costs without leaving businesses struggling when the economy recovers.
When business volumes buckle, the immediate reaction is to cut back on costs and trim overheads wherever possible.
Desperate to make meaningful cost savings, employers invariably end up looking at their headcount and going through the unpleasant process of selecting where the axe must fall and how ma
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover