What are the key digital disrupters?
CM - There is the government initiative in banking to open up the back end systems and you can access bank accounts so you can build apps etcetera, obviously with permission, but if it works in banking there is no reason it won’t move to other regulated industries. That means people would get access to the data which is the biggest thing in the insurance market.
BW – Isn’t the future of tech in this industry creating data on the spot, so telematics. Looking
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns