How has the relationship between insurers and credit-hire organisations (CHOs) come to this?
Roy: The cost to the industry has brought this problem to the fore. In a situation where 10% of each premium is being spent on credit-hire costs, it will be on the agenda of many chief executives.
Nicholas: The industry has been generalised in this instance but there are different types of providers - some good and some that are trying to push the limits. We should debate the principle behind the General T
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board