Here Rolfe shares his views on Lloyd's and the UK broker market.
"Lloyd's of London is one of the best-known brands in the UK, yet only about 18% of its gross written insurance premium comes from British insureds. More than 95% of total UK premium goes elsewhere, which is surprising, because Lloyd's offers huge benefits to brokers and their clients.
For one, Lloyd's syndicates are market leaders in conduct risk management for delegated underwriting. We have worked through this channel for many
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?