This is a story that looks set to keep journalists, and the insurance industry generally, guessing for some time yet.
But with the Towergate behemoth creaking and straining under the weight of its £1bn debt, there's plenty for a potential buyer to think about.
And the broker will be hoping its bankers/creditors do not decide to play Scrooge over the difficulties it currently has with liquidity.
Marsh and to a lesser extent the likes of Aon, Arthur J Gallagher and Willis, are widely tipped
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Freedom partners with ThingCo to launch Pukka Tech
- People Moves Round-up: 16-20 September 2019
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020