This is a story that looks set to keep journalists, and the insurance industry generally, guessing for some time yet.
But with the Towergate behemoth creaking and straining under the weight of its £1bn debt, there's plenty for a potential buyer to think about.
And the broker will be hoping its bankers/creditors do not decide to play Scrooge over the difficulties it currently has with liquidity.
Marsh and to a lesser extent the likes of Aon, Arthur J Gallagher and Willis, are widely tipped
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years