The past week saw the usual deluge of financial figures from insurers. While there is always the caveat that ‘the devil is in the detail' a few first impressions can still be drawn.
Ageas led the way on the 6th.
The headline numbers for the quarter were good. The impact of weather related claims in the first quarter meant the half year was down. But it appears to be growing where it wants, and generally profitably although there is certainly more to be done in commercial.
One of the joys of
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Jade Insurance teams up on health insurance with sports focused My Club