The past week saw the usual deluge of financial figures from insurers. While there is always the caveat that ‘the devil is in the detail' a few first impressions can still be drawn.
Ageas led the way on the 6th.
The headline numbers for the quarter were good. The impact of weather related claims in the first quarter meant the half year was down. But it appears to be growing where it wants, and generally profitably although there is certainly more to be done in commercial.
One of the joys of b
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti