The past week saw the usual deluge of financial figures from insurers. While there is always the caveat that ‘the devil is in the detail' a few first impressions can still be drawn.
Ageas led the way on the 6th.
The headline numbers for the quarter were good. The impact of weather related claims in the first quarter meant the half year was down. But it appears to be growing where it wants, and generally profitably although there is certainly more to be done in commercial.
One of the joys of
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management