The past week saw the usual deluge of financial figures from insurers. While there is always the caveat that ‘the devil is in the detail' a few first impressions can still be drawn.
Ageas led the way on the 6th.
The headline numbers for the quarter were good. The impact of weather related claims in the first quarter meant the half year was down. But it appears to be growing where it wants, and generally profitably although there is certainly more to be done in commercial.
One of the joys of b
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel