The past week saw the usual deluge of financial figures from insurers. While there is always the caveat that ‘the devil is in the detail' a few first impressions can still be drawn.
Ageas led the way on the 6th.
The headline numbers for the quarter were good. The impact of weather related claims in the first quarter meant the half year was down. But it appears to be growing where it wants, and generally profitably although there is certainly more to be done in commercial.
One of the joys of
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product