The regulator announced last Friday that it is to begin an investigation into zombie funds this summer, a statement that caused panic in the market , to the tune of around £6bn being wiped off the share prices of the UK's biggest insurance firms.
The problems first arose when FCA director Clive Adamson told the Daily Telegraph about plans to review 30m policies going back decades and the potential scrapping of exit fees on such policies.
The story sent shudders through the stock market, not at a
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData