The announcement that the Financial Services Authority (FSA) is to resume its review of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) funding has the potential to make a significant difference to the UK’s brokers.
The past few years has seen a massive hike in fees – some brokers faced a levy increase of 900% – but industry bodies are now taking a more positive view of the situation.
Steve White, head of compliance and training at the British Insurance Brokers’ Association (Biba), said the as
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017