As floods once again inundated parts of the UK and left rural communities counting the cost, insurers and the Government have been urged to get their heads together to solve the thorny issues surrounding flood defence.
January saw many areas of the UK deluged, with over 130 rivers put on flood alert; and although the number of properties flooded was relatively small, large areas of farmland were left under feet of water.
New research from the Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre has concluded
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners