As floods once again inundated parts of the UK and left rural communities counting the cost, insurers and the Government have been urged to get their heads together to solve the thorny issues surrounding flood defence.
January saw many areas of the UK deluged, with over 130 rivers put on flood alert; and although the number of properties flooded was relatively small, large areas of farmland were left under feet of water.
New research from the Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre has concluded
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups