As floods once again inundated parts of the UK and left rural communities counting the cost, insurers and the Government have been urged to get their heads together to solve the thorny issues surrounding flood defence.
January saw many areas of the UK deluged, with over 130 rivers put on flood alert; and although the number of properties flooded was relatively small, large areas of farmland were left under feet of water.
New research from the Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre has concluded
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product