The Environment Agency is warning that too many people are ignoring the risk of flooding in this country.
New research has revealed alarming levels of complacency among households at the risk of flooding from rivers and the sea, despite the increasing frequency of flooding at home and abroad.
Barbara Young, chief executive of the Environment Agency, said: "Although we're unlikely to see flooding in the UK like that caused by the Boxing Day tsunami and Hurricane Katrina, there is still a
- Gallagher buys Pavey Group
- Professional indemnity rates set to harden
- Fusion sports team moves into Geo Specialty after Ardonagh sale
- Opinion: Peter Cullum on the value of consolidation
- Brightside targeting £250m GWP within five years
- Aviva aims to disrupt the market with new subscription-style product
- The Blog Spot: Solving dual pricing with three figures