Northern insurance broker Smart & Cook believes change must result from investigations into the UK's liability insurance market, after it highlighted research that showed that thousands of firms were operating without cover.
The Harrogate-based broker has been calling upon the Government through the media throughout the latter part of 2002 to take action to resolve the situation.
In addition, new research by a top insurance company has shown that some 16,000 small and medium-sized enterprises
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five