Northern insurance broker Smart & Cook believes change must result from investigations into the UK's liability insurance market, after it highlighted research that showed that thousands of firms were operating without cover.
The Harrogate-based broker has been calling upon the Government through the media throughout the latter part of 2002 to take action to resolve the situation.
In addition, new research by a top insurance company has shown that some 16,000 small and medium-sized enterprises
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners