New figures released by Zurich Municipal show that over the past six years the average cost of flooding claims has risen by 120%.
The trend however, is from an increase in the severity of cases as opposed to the number of incidents rising.
The predicted rise in sea levels caused by the natural subsiding of the landmass could also result in a severe increase in cases of coastal flooding.
Consequently Zurich Municipal is issuing advice to customers on ways to protect their property from damage ca
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m