New figures released by Zurich Municipal show that over the past six years the average cost of flooding claims has risen by 120%.
The trend however, is from an increase in the severity of cases as opposed to the number of incidents rising.
The predicted rise in sea levels caused by the natural subsiding of the landmass could also result in a severe increase in cases of coastal flooding.
Consequently Zurich Municipal is issuing advice to customers on ways to protect their property from damage
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners