New figures released by Zurich Municipal show that over the past six years the average cost of flooding claims has risen by 120%.
The trend however, is from an increase in the severity of cases as opposed to the number of incidents rising.
The predicted rise in sea levels caused by the natural subsiding of the landmass could also result in a severe increase in cases of coastal flooding.
Consequently Zurich Municipal is issuing advice to customers on ways to protect their property from damage ca
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups