It is a trend in the insurance industry that has sparked debate, research, marketing campaigns and a division of opinion, but do offshoring and outsourcing have a future role in the market?
Both practices have been hot topics for debate since the likes of Norwich Union (NU) decided to move the bulk of their general insurance operations to India. However, while certain insurers followed suit, there has since been a backlash, with some companies now returning their operations to the UK.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Blog: Allianz and LV deal further proof that SME commercial is a tough nut to crack