Movements in the ground on which a property is built can be either subsidence or heave, depending on the direction of movement. Either way, it can mean serious problems.
There are a number of causes of this movement and one of the most common is changes in the amount of water that is actually in the soil. The damage usually begins to appear as small cracks in the walls of a building.
While, in most of these cases, damage can be repaired reasonably easily, claims for subsidence, heave and lands
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData