Movements in the ground on which a property is built can be either subsidence or heave, depending on the direction of movement. Either way, it can mean serious problems.
There are a number of causes of this movement and one of the most common is changes in the amount of water that is actually in the soil. The damage usually begins to appear as small cracks in the walls of a building.
While, in most of these cases, damage can be repaired reasonably easily, claims for subsidence, heave and
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey