Movements in the ground on which a property is built can be either subsidence or heave, depending on the direction of movement. Either way, it can mean serious problems.
There are a number of causes of this movement and one of the most common is changes in the amount of water that is actually in the soil. The damage usually begins to appear as small cracks in the walls of a building.
While, in most of these cases, damage can be repaired reasonably easily, claims for subsidence, heave and lands
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five