Through an application of common sense in the workplace and a technical understanding of industries, risk management seeks to reduce the possibility of claims, thereby saving money for insurers while reducing premiums.
The role has evolved over the years, particularly as industry has developed a more sophisticated approach to health and safety and environmental management, which in turn has been translated into desirable social progress.
Mark Humphreys has been working in health and safety and
- CMA to investigate aggregator over “strong concerns” on insurer relationships
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Former Aviva CEO Patrick Snowball joins Sabre board
- PIB buys specialist charity MGA aQmen Holdings
- NIG adds Farm Combined to FarmWeb e-trade platform
- Optimism among brokers falls slightly
- Innovation brings its own rewards