Two years ago, construction plant insurance was at its lowest ebb.
Loss ratios were typically above 100% and insurers needed to balance their books or stop writing plant business altogether. As a result, premiums increased substantially across the board and those policyholders with high loss ratios were hit particularly hard.
The outcome has been improved loss ratios - but it has also driven some firms to self-insurance. This has had a negative effect on the insurance industry and construction
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- Alpha: Cover My Cab steps in with Gefion policies
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Coversure backers Livingbridge “not done” with insurance investments
- Uber gives drivers free insurance as it expands partnership with Axa