Two years ago, construction plant insurance was at its lowest ebb.
Loss ratios were typically above 100% and insurers needed to balance their books or stop writing plant business altogether. As a result, premiums increased substantially across the board and those policyholders with high loss ratios were hit particularly hard.
The outcome has been improved loss ratios - but it has also driven some firms to self-insurance. This has had a negative effect on the insurance industry and construction
- Bollington launches MGA
- Pukka’s Sam White launches Freedom Brokers
- Zurich explores Endsleigh sale - report
- Meet the Broker Apprentices 2017: Luke Abbots-Darbyshire
- Complaints hit 3.32m for first half of 2017
- InsurTech Futures: Nigel Barton’s Wrisk app launches £500,000 crowdfunding round
- Ecclesiastical launches standalone fine art product for brokers