The Court of Appeal has dismissed a class action taken on behalf ofhundreds of farm workers over the alleged effects of organo-phosphates,saying that the claimants had been unable to prove a link betweensheep-dips and brain injury.
A total of 20 defendant manufacturers of sheep-dip faced claims thatorgano-phosphates, present in their products, had caused farm-workers todevelop neurological problems. The decision was the latest round in alegal battle that began nine years ago.
In 1997, a study
- Gallagher buys Pavey Group
- Professional indemnity rates set to harden
- Fusion sports team moves into Geo Specialty after Ardonagh sale
- Opinion: Peter Cullum on the value of consolidation
- Brightside targeting £250m GWP within five years
- Aviva aims to disrupt the market with new subscription-style product
- The Blog Spot: Solving dual pricing with three figures