Employers have been told that they can rely on statutory advice, after occupational deafness cases were dismissed in a landmark case involving Zurich. The seven occupational deafness test cases, formally known as the Nottingham and Derbyshire Deafness Test Litigation, were recently all dismissed.
Zurich, the lead insurer in three of the seven cases, heard the judge clarify that the employers had been reasonable in relying upon government advice at the time. Therefore, the employers were not r
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData