Nearly everyone in the insurance market must surely by now be aware that the industry is rapidly becoming a pariah in the eyes of the British public.
2003 has already seen the front page of a leading tabloid splashing the story of a women who was "left with a £315,000 hospital bill after insurers refused to pay" with regard to a travel policy sold by a leading bank, and the following edition drummed up another two tales of woe over claims turned down by the same firm.
The high-profile scandals
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Jade Insurance teams up on health insurance with sports focused My Club