Nearly everyone in the insurance market must surely by now be aware that the industry is rapidly becoming a pariah in the eyes of the British public.
2003 has already seen the front page of a leading tabloid splashing the story of a women who was "left with a £315,000 hospital bill after insurers refused to pay" with regard to a travel policy sold by a leading bank, and the following edition drummed up another two tales of woe over claims turned down by the same firm.
The high-profile scandals
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016