The past few years have been trying for UK brokers. Changes in market structure, the rise of comparison websites and direct insurers making an impact in small to medium-sized enterprise sectors have all put pressure on profit margins and made the challenge of retaining and acquiring clients even more difficult. Then, over the horizon, comes an event we are all too familiar with - the credit crunch - placing extra strain on cash flows and affecting buyer behaviour as clients look to tighten belts
- Aviva pulls agency with GRP
- Amazon “working with” UK brokers and insurers
- City Insurance Brokers and Compass launch profit insurance scheme
- Hiscox updates cyber and data insurance product
- Video: GDPR – Future proofing your business: Don’t panic!
- AIG warns of rise in data breaches as GDPR comes into force
- Launderette-based insurance ghost brokers jailed