The objective of making a profit should be paramount to any broker or insurance company, so keeping an eye on lucrative sectors and concentrating on maximising the not-so-prosperous areas is essential for any successful business.
Gary Chandler, executive director of broking firm the Jelf Group, says that in his opinion the most profitable commercial lines "tend to be the ones that have a lower claims frequency; for example, anything property-led or commercially combined."
It appears that prope
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData