The objective of making a profit should be paramount to any broker or insurance company, so keeping an eye on lucrative sectors and concentrating on maximising the not-so-prosperous areas is essential for any successful business.
Gary Chandler, executive director of broking firm the Jelf Group, says that in his opinion the most profitable commercial lines "tend to be the ones that have a lower claims frequency; for example, anything property-led or commercially combined."
It appears that
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Top 100 2018 - Bandings
- Dye points to pricing changes following claims inflation
- Broker Choice Awards: The winners
- At the crossroads: Changes at RSA, Aviva and Ageas add to market uncertainty