The objective of making a profit should be paramount to any broker or insurance company, so keeping an eye on lucrative sectors and concentrating on maximising the not-so-prosperous areas is essential for any successful business.
Gary Chandler, executive director of broking firm the Jelf Group, says that in his opinion the most profitable commercial lines "tend to be the ones that have a lower claims frequency; for example, anything property-led or commercially combined."
It appears that prope
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017