Farmers in Devon have launched a campaign to get the Government tourge a rethink over European Union agricultural cash reforms - or risklivestock vanishing from the UK.
They believe there is a major threat, not only to farmers themselves, butalso to thousands of workers in ancillary industries like farmers' marketsand abattoirs.
Under the changes, farmers will be paid to look after land, but notanimals, and the switch may well make keeping livestock an uneconomicprospect for some UK farmers. M
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData