Farmers in Devon have launched a campaign to get the Government tourge a rethink over European Union agricultural cash reforms - or risklivestock vanishing from the UK.
They believe there is a major threat, not only to farmers themselves, butalso to thousands of workers in ancillary industries like farmers' marketsand abattoirs.
Under the changes, farmers will be paid to look after land, but notanimals, and the switch may well make keeping livestock an uneconomicprospect for some UK farmers.
- CBL Insurance placed into liquidation
- Marsh unveils Marsh-JLT Specialty plans
- Gallagher set to ink another deal before Christmas
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- Top 100 2018: Find out who made the list
- Fresh founder Lisa Powis rejoins insurance sector with tech business
- Aviva on top again in Brokerbility satisfaction survey