With constant talk of climate change and the predictions of a long, hot and dry summer to come, it would be understandable if insurers and insureds were getting worried about the potential threat of subsidence.
In addition, given the Association of British Insurers (ABI) figures - which show that the industry paid out £302m in claims last year alone and that there has been a 50% increase in claims in the past five years - they would be right to worry.
The ABI report does not make comfortable r
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- UK Broker Awards 2017: The winners
- Marsh’s head of operations in Scotland Iain Henry departs
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income