Delivering post to brokers' desks could be a thing of the past if an innovative scanning technology, which eliminates paper, spreads throughout the industry.
The technology, already employed by broker Aon, involves scanning non-sensitive letters in a company mailroom, then delivering electronically to staff.
Aon now has its post at all its 12 UK divisions scanned by service provider Capital Capture. It was previously fine-sorted and delivered to its 4,500 employees by 20 staff.
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Up to 50 jobs at risk amid RSA specialty and wholesale restructure
- In-depth - SMEs: Adding value
- Markerstudy and Co-op silent on deal progress
- Blog: Should brokers be concerned?