Delivering post to brokers' desks could be a thing of the past if an innovative scanning technology, which eliminates paper, spreads throughout the industry.
The technology, already employed by broker Aon, involves scanning non-sensitive letters in a company mailroom, then delivering electronically to staff.
Aon now has its post at all its 12 UK divisions scanned by service provider Capital Capture. It was previously fine-sorted and delivered to its 4,500 employees by 20 staff.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel