Delivering post to brokers' desks could be a thing of the past if an innovative scanning technology, which eliminates paper, spreads throughout the industry.
The technology, already employed by broker Aon, involves scanning non-sensitive letters in a company mailroom, then delivering electronically to staff.
Aon now has its post at all its 12 UK divisions scanned by service provider Capital Capture. It was previously fine-sorted and delivered to its 4,500 employees by 20 staff.
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Leadenhall Market evacuated after “suspicious package”
- Aston Scott and Lark confirm new management structure
- Blockchain could “eliminate” the need for brokers
- UK Broker Awards 2017: The winners
- Marsh’s head of operations in Scotland Iain Henry departs
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income