During the past three years, use of the internet by consumers has exploded as broadband penetration has soared. Research by the Internet Advertising Bureau shows that almost 30 million adults were using the internet in the UK at the end of 2006, with almost 20 million people buying something online in the past six months.
In addition, the internet has become increasingly important as a distribution channel in the insurance industry. In fact, Datamonitor estimates that sales of motor insurance
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017