A typical medium-sized financial services firm based in London spends around #30,000 per month on storing paper-based information, according to chartered surveyors Drivers Jonas.
The firm says the monthly cost of storing a single filing cabinet in London's West End is #987, or #11,800 a year. In the City, it's #838 per month, compared to #449 in Manchester, #447 in Birmingham and #420 in Edinburgh.
As most firms have dozens of filing cabinets at least, the annual cost of storing paper can run
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- Simply Business reveals losses for 2017
- CII targeting December 2018 for chartered MGA status
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Allianz takes new CFO from Ageas
- #Insagepeople: 20 - 26 August 2018
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports