A typical medium-sized financial services firm based in London spends around #30,000 per month on storing paper-based information, according to chartered surveyors Drivers Jonas.
The firm says the monthly cost of storing a single filing cabinet in London's West End is #987, or #11,800 a year. In the City, it's #838 per month, compared to #449 in Manchester, #447 in Birmingham and #420 in Edinburgh.
As most firms have dozens of filing cabinets at least, the annual cost of storing paper can run
- Swinton targets becoming largest digital broker in the UK
- Aviva "disappointed" after watchdog bans Aviva Drive app ad
- Ardonagh Group posts fall in Ebitda but rising income
- InsurTech Futures: Axa launches automatic compensation for late flights product
- Broker Expo Leeds: Highlights
- Brightside revenue drops by £10m in "very tough" 2016
- Biba launches scheme for transportation risks