Average company profit margins for UK insurance brokers have reached their highest levels in eight years, according to research by Plimsoll Publishing.
The figures showed that average profit margins are 5.7% for the current year, which is up from 5.4% for last year.
The business stated that UK brokers had seen average profit margins increase consistently over the past year, with the exception of companies with sales between £3m and £5m, which saw average profit margins drop from 10.6% to 7.6%
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- Insurance Cares: FCA consults on travel cover for people with medical issues