Average company profit margins for UK insurance brokers have reached their highest levels in eight years, according to research by Plimsoll Publishing.
The figures showed that average profit margins are 5.7% for the current year, which is up from 5.4% for last year.
The business stated that UK brokers had seen average profit margins increase consistently over the past year, with the exception of companies with sales between £3m and £5m, which saw average profit margins drop from 10.6% to 7.6%
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers