Erskine Murray has bought Houghton Insurance Bureau, a Bedfordshire-based independent insurance broker.
This is the Leicester-headquartered broker’s third deal in the last 18 months and follows on from its purchase of Cheshire-based Offley Insurance Services in October 2017 and Essex-based Asciak Holdaway Merritt in January 2018.
Erskine Murray stated that the move will strengthen its regional presence and is reflective of its strategic vision. The broker has previously stated it is targeting
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product