Erskine Murray has bought Houghton Insurance Bureau, a Bedfordshire-based independent insurance broker.
This is the Leicester-headquartered broker’s third deal in the last 18 months and follows on from its purchase of Cheshire-based Offley Insurance Services in October 2017 and Essex-based Asciak Holdaway Merritt in January 2018.
Erskine Murray stated that the move will strengthen its regional presence and is reflective of its strategic vision. The broker has previously stated it is targeting
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester