▶ What is the history of GS Group?
The company was set up in 1991 by George Stubbs. It started off as a one-man-band and has grown organically since then. It has roughly doubled in GWP every five years. What has given a slight boost to that is that George bought a book of business from Marsh a few years ago. Today we’re a £3m and a bit turnover business with about £23m GWP and just under 60 employees.
▶ How would you describe the business?
It’s an SME broker that has done everything from the
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product