▶ What is the history of GS Group?
The company was set up in 1991 by George Stubbs. It started off as a one-man-band and has grown organically since then. It has roughly doubled in GWP every five years. What has given a slight boost to that is that George bought a book of business from Marsh a few years ago. Today we’re a £3m and a bit turnover business with about £23m GWP and just under 60 employees.
▶ How would you describe the business?
It’s an SME broker that has done everything from the
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester