A new trade body to represent businesses that look after customers in the civil justice system when they make a claim for insurance, injury, negligence and mis-selling has been launched.
The Association of Consumer Support Organisations (ACSO) aims to “de-toxify the so-called compensation culture”, according to its executive director Matthew Maxwell-Scott.
Insurance Age understands that brokers will also be invited to join the organisation and that ACSO is already in talks with major UK
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate