With less than a month to go until Brexit day the UK insurance market, along with the wider financial services sector, is still facing uncertainty around what the impact will be.
At the time of writing the situation is at stalemate. Theresa May’s withdrawal agreement will not make it through Parliament as it stands and the EU is insisting that the agreement will not be re-opened and renegotiated.
“If they don’t shift the impasse we are going to crash out, which is not exactly what anyone
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA