Private motor broker Be Wiser has posted a loss before tax of £2.2m for the year ended 31 May 2018.
This is compared to a pre-tax profit of £1.1m in 2017.
The broker also reported a dip in turnover to £26.1m, down from the £32.7m it achieved in the previous year.
Be Wiser chairman and chief executive Mark Bower-Dyke told Insurance Age that the loss was driven by “unbelievably poor market conditions” in the private motor sector.
He stated: “The market has been ripped apart by the
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m