Rates are set to harden in the professional indemnity (PI) market, according to Manchester Underwriting Management chief executive officer Charles Manchester.
He said the reason for the increasing rates was that many of the Lloyd’s syndicates that traditionally have been writing PI business are cutting back or completely pulling out of this area of the market.
“Lloyd’s mandated this summer that there are some classes of business that are on their list of business lines that are losing them
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings