Rates are set to harden in the professional indemnity (PI) market, according to Manchester Underwriting Management chief executive officer Charles Manchester.
He said the reason for the increasing rates was that many of the Lloyd’s syndicates that traditionally have been writing PI business are cutting back or completely pulling out of this area of the market.
“Lloyd’s mandated this summer that there are some classes of business that are on their list of business lines that are losing them
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning