Rates are set to harden in the professional indemnity (PI) market, according to Manchester Underwriting Management chief executive officer Charles Manchester.
He said the reason for the increasing rates was that many of the Lloyd’s syndicates that traditionally have been writing PI business are cutting back or completely pulling out of this area of the market.
“Lloyd’s mandated this summer that there are some classes of business that are on their list of business lines that are losing them
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- NMU in specialist line-led restructure