The first episode of our revolutionary documentary series with Axa, Scheme Smart, explores how to get your delegated authority up and running.
With an estimated value of more than £8bn in GWP (approximately 20% of the overall UK retail market) schemes and delegated authorities continue to be a vital element of the landscape. And it’s growing.
But for every successful scheme or delegated authority there are many others that either never make it to market; or fail to gain traction for a broker or managing general agent.
To help advise on how a scheme or delegated authority might have a greater chance of success, Gresham chief underwriting officer Robert Munden and Axa director of schemes and MGAs John Heaney offer their thoughts on:
- How to select the right market
- Factors that might drive that selection
- What to look for when choosing an insurer partner
- How to plan and deliver a successful pitch for a scheme or delegated authority
- What a broker or managing general agent should expect from an insurer once a scheme or delegated authority goes live
To support the video, you can also read the associated White Paper: Scheme Smart: How To Get Your Delegated Authority Up And Running, which is available to download on Insurance Hound now.