Saffron Insurance Services is being sued for around £2.6m for breach of duty after allegedly failing to tell a customer that his policy would be invalid because he had previously been involved in a court judgment.
Law360 has reported that Maurice Parker, tenant of Four Winds Garage in South East England, filed a claim against Saffron at the High Court in London on 19 June this year.
According to the article, Parker alleged that the broker let him buy a policy which was then invalidated because
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic